Friday, July 12, 2013

Thankful

I am watching CZ set up her office. I am rocking Pax.

I am beyond grateful for the Art Shack. This place makes my heart happy. The second week of Art Camp is finished. I absolutely love having a handful of kids in the studio, all doing something different, all enjoying creating. It is awesome.

There are so many things I wish were better about the studio, or my house, or just fill in the blanks.  But, it is nice to just stop. And, be thankful.

I am thankful for all of the treasures in the studio. As I watch Charlotte play, and set up her desk, I am especially thankful for my friend Tonia. I love the old mailbox shelf. And, Charlotte just got her first typewriter lesson. I am giving thanks for her parents that went to heaven way too soon and I am appreciative of these gifts.  I also love the lockers, helping my clutter brain be a little more organized.

There is a sewing machine from Leigh and  Bryan I will one day learn to use. And, curtains graciously sewn by Mama Medina. An old drill press and work bench from the hubby. And, Ben has put in lots of hours of moving stuff, creating walls, and installing shelves. I am thankful for a husband that doesn't get annoyed with green paint in the sink!

Four years ago, amidst a crazy life, Heather and I had the Art Q downtown. The heart of that studio is in the Art Shack. That gave life to having a studio. I am grateful for Heather.

There are always things I wish were better in the studio, house and to be honest life in general. It is nice to stop and be thankful for the treasures.

I am thankful.

This picture helped me see all of the treasures in the studio in a different light.  This is a "shack" but it is full of treasures, and it is creating great memories for our family....and hopefully yours!
See the old work bench, typewriter, "two-fins" the fish, old painted suitcase, drill press, old fan, awesome mailbox, lockers, and CZ!  Amidst the mess....focus on the kids.  Note, to us all!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool thoughts....! THE ART SHACK is growing and evolving and you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete