Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Learning to See

I firmly believe in kids creating their own art. I do not draw on their work.  I will not do it for them.  I want it to be THEIR WORK! It was so fun watching Nini and Charlotte learn to draw a little better in two days this week.  CZ, of course, is not totally interested in listening to me.  But, both girls make a lot of progress!
 I had the girls (rising K & 1st) draw a flower on their own.  They were supposed to be looking at the flower.  (the flower on the right).  Then, I step by step, helped them to draw it again.  LOOKING at the flower.  (see the flower on the left)  Pretty good, I say!

CZM drawing a My Little Pony.  Her first attempt at an "animal." 

 People time!  On the left, this was Nini's person without instruction.  On the right, with instruction. WOW! 


And, then My Little Pony's!

I am proud of these girls and their willingness to work on drawing! 
Well done.  With practice anyone, (yes, you adults too!) can draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment