Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I am created in God's image. SO ARE YOU...

#artprayers
 
Read Psalm 8:1-9  Write it.  Draw a moon. Stars.
God created these BIG things. AND He created YOU and ME.  You know, this is huge!
 
 
 
Keep reading. Genesis 1:26-2:3 We were created in the image of God.  Then He created animals, trees, etc.  We are above them. Yet, He created us all. 
 
Doodle a bird, or fish, or tree. 
 
Think about how these things were created after us.  And, we were created in the image of God.

What is the image of God?
What do you think about this truth?
Holy. Pure. Perfect. Without blame. Full. Loved. Hopeful. Peaceful. Graceful.
We were created with all of the characteristics of God. Wow.
Scary.....and a little bit cool.
 
 
Now, read Ephesians 4:20-24.
Make a black circle (think moon).  What is your "old" self?  Who are you apart from Christ?
Journal.
 
Draw sun rays.  Who are you in Christ? Journal.
 
 
 
 
Draw over the journaling.  Did anything stand out?
 
As I was writing.  My reflection is, before being a Christian, or when I am not spending time with God.  It is all about me.  Selfish me. Self-centered, failing, critical me.
 
When, I am close to God. Letting Jesus's spirit lead me, reading scripture, asking for forgiveness, begging for Grace, filling myself up with words of truth...it is about Christ.  And, in Christ I am peaceful, joy filled, patient.  You might see it, but it's not me. 
 
 
 
 
 
Add stars. Clouds. Clear your mind. 
Rest in the truth that GOD created YOU in HIS image.
AND, said IT WAS GOOD.
 
To be continued.......
Y'all God loves you. It is not about us. It is about Him.
And, that is a good thing.
Questions?  Thoughts?  Post your art on Instagram and tag it #artprayers
 
This is from www.shereadstruth.com day #2
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love how you combined his word and art for this. Thank you for sharing and inspiring me! Looking forward to seeing more of them!!

    ReplyDelete